Tuesday 10 December 2013

Grind Joint

Look at this lovely book. Arrived today. I suggest you get yourself a copy, asap.


Here's what I said about the book on Twitter; "GRIND JOINT by Dana King. The spirit of THE WIRE reincarnated with JUSTIFIED charm. Gangster-rich US crime fiction at its best."

Yes, I compared a book to a couple of TV shows. But I feel okay about it. Dana King has a few tongue-in-cheek references to TV shows included in the book, and they work well. They give the story a real sense of self-awareness, you know? No? Well I know what I mean.

I hope to read more from this universe. There's one badass character in particular that I'd love to find out more about. Must start hassling Dana to write it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it available yet? I checked amazon and is not currently available

seana graham said...

I just added it to my wish list, but will go ahead and buy it if the Christmas elves don't come through. I've been interested in this one for awhile.

seana graham said...

I should add that it is available in the U.S. but doesn't seem to have made it across the Atlantic for purchase yet.

Dana King said...

I don't know if there is a UK distribution channel for the paperback. There will be a Kindle version out in a few months.

Thanks to Gerard for the shout out, and to Allen and Seana for your interest.

Gerard Brennan said...

Dana, thanks for answering Allen's question. What you might not know is that Allen is a regular customer at No Alibis in Belfast. I reckon your publisher should get in touch with David Torrans, the shop's owner. He's the only local book supplier I know of who orders in US editions for his customers/friends (frienstomers?).

Just one of the many reasons he's surviving in this harsh financial climate. Of course, one of the main reasons is called Claudia; Dave's partner.

gb