Monday 10 October 2011

Blasted Heath

My novel, WEE ROCKETS, has found a home. Blasted Heath, the ebook publishing house with an 'indie record label' vibe (to quote Anthony Neil Smith and Kyle MacRae), has adopted my little tale of Belfast spides/chavs/neds and, once nursed back to health following a lifetime of abuse and emotional trauma, will set the feral little beast on the general public in January 2012.

Ladies and gentlemen, the cover:




I love it, don't you?

Now, Blasted Heath is brought to you by Allan Guthrie and Kyle MacRae. Click here to visit the holding page for the site. You'll find an intro video and a timer that ticks off the seconds to the release of the five launch titles on the 1st November. We're talking books from Anthony Neil Smith, Ray Banks, Douglas Linsay, Gary Carson and Brian Pendreigh. It's gonna be epic. Bookmark that site now.

What's that? Yes, Al was my agent but to become part of this revolution, I had to opt out of our contract. A crying shame, as Al has been a terrific influence in my writing career, but we've put a lid on that aspect of our professional relationship to eliminate any potential conflict of interests that might arise from the new venture. Feck it, though. I'm delighted to be part of Blasted Heath and I look forward to the future.

11 comments:

Alan Griffiths said...

Hey, yet more good news from you, Gerard. Well done, you’re on a roll and very much deserved one.

Looks like a terrific publishing venture and many congrats to all involved.

Paul D Brazill said...

Fantastic. It looks beaut!

Gerard Brennan said...

Alan - Cheers, man! I think Blasted Heath is really going to take off. It's exciting to be in on the ground floor.

Paul - I dig it the most.

gb

Kyle MacRae said...

Not even CLOSE to spelling my name correctly but I forgive you

Gerard Brennan said...

Ach, bah-licks! Sorry about that, Smudge. Fixed now!

Must have been concentrating too hard on spell-checking Brian Pendreigh's name...

gb

seana graham said...

Woo hoo! Yes, the cover looks perfect for what I think the book will be about.

People are going to be consumed with envy in your college classes, of course, so watch your back.

Congratulations.

Michael Stone said...

It's bloody awesome is what it is, cover, book and all. Like Seana says, you're going to be the envy of your fellow students (and me)!

Gerard Brennan said...

Seana - Thanks! I haven't actually told anybody in my writing class about this yet. It's way easier to talk about this kind of thing on the interent for some reason... Guess I should send round an email or something... Feels kinda like you're "bummin' and blowin'" as they say in Belfast, though.

Mike - Thanks, man. I can see me saying the exact same soon when Whit Hide comes out in novel, graphic novel and movie formats...

gb

Gerard Brennan said...

Seana - I mean internet, of course... This is why self-publishing isn't a viable option for me!

gb

Anonymous said...

Great - great.
Well done indeed.

Arlene said...

That a cracking cover, Ger.